Powered By Blogger

Arizona Growers

Arizona Growers
Click here for local produce information

Friday, January 29, 2010

Crunchy Pork Chops

Getting all of my family to agree on a "good" recipe is a challenge, I tend to test out a lot of new things on my family in the spirit of creating something new and finding ways to save money.... sometimes it's a thumbs up and other times I get asked where the Cheerios are!

This recipe was a surprising hit. The pork was juicy on the inside and the coating remained super crunchy. I started out with a basic recipe and of course added and changed, etc., sometimes it takes a few tries to tweak things, but this one seemed to be perfect after the first go around, so I submit it for your dinnertime pleasure :) My apologies, I forgot to snap a picture; unexpectedly, my parents came over for a spur of the moment dinner so they got to share in the yum as well.

1/2 C Bisquick
1/2 C Panko
1/2 C Flax-Seed Meal
1/4 Wheat Flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 boneless, center cut pork chops
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425. Place wire rack on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In shallow dish dish, combine Bisquick, Panko and Flax-Seed Meal. In 2 separate shallow dishes, place flour and eggs. Pat pork chops dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge pork in flour; coat in eggs, and dredge in baking mix mixture.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

What's In Season... eat fresh, save money and support our local growers!